If we want to have a 10 year reunion to top our record breaking 5 year reunion, we need to raise funds. Not only that, but a healthy treasury secures the financial stability of our class. As our class treasury continues to grow, not only will it help fund Reunion fun, but it will also subsidize the following class functions in the many years ahead:
- Reunion activities and events
- Mini reunions
- Class record book
HOW CAN I HELP?
CLASS DUES: These funds are collected annually and support all class activities. They can be used for the class immediately and are the main source of our operating cash flow. Only $21 annually.
CLASS LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS: Get a membership now and you are set through our 75th reunion and beyond! Class lifetime membership funds may only be collected once from each classmate during her lifetime. They are then forwarded to the Wellesley College Alumnae Association and invested in Wellesley’s general endowment fund after which the class treasury receives an annual check from investment returns. These funds are truly what builds a healthy treasury, ensuring the longevity of our class. Memberships are a one time payment of $220. Interested in a payment plan? Keep reading.
Contributing to the longevity of our class comes with benefits!
All class members who contribute annual class dues for consecutive years will receive a gift in recognition of their continuing contributions during our 10 year reunion.
Class members who purchase a Class Lifetime Membership will also receive a gift at our 10 year reunion and have their name on this page.
HOW DO I PAY?
First, fill out the Wellesley College Class of 2007 donation form to help the class treasurer process payments as they come in. Do this annually by May 15 of each year if you are choosing to pay the class dues of $21.
Ready to get your very own class lifetime membership? Let us know on the donation form if you are paying the lump sum of $220 (at any point in the year) or if you would like to set up an installment plan.
SUPPORT MY CLASS IN INSTALLMENTS? TELL ME MORE
We are aware that many of us are pursuing higher education, starting new careers and new families. With that in mind, Class Lifetime Memberships may be purchased in installments over the course of one fiscal year rather than a single payment of $220. We suggest a quarterly installment plan of $55, due on the 15th of August, November, March, and May of the fiscal year in which you are purchasing your membership. Yes, we are happy to send you reminders.Although membership payments may be broken up in any amount, all dues and payments must be paid in full by May 15 of the fiscal year. If not the amount you have donated will go to the endowment and you will not be recognized as having fulfilled your CLM pledge. You will have to pay the remainder of the balance plus one additional payment of equal size to your other payments as penalty to receive name recognition.
WHAT DO I PAY AND WHERE DO I DO IT?
The following dues and membership costs are in effect until June 30, 2015. In order to offer Paypal (and subsequent credit card processing fees) as an option in addition to paying by check, the requested amounts are:
Class Dues $21.00
Class Lifetime Memberships $220.00
Once you’ve submitted a donation form, you can pay throughPayPal or by sending a check in the mail. Checks will be cashed within 7 business days upon receipt.
Make checks payable to “Wellesley College Class of 2007″
All this information will eventually be available on our upcoming class website. You will also be able to make PayPal payments through our website. In the meantime, you can access this information anytime here.
ANSWERS TO COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Class Dues and Class Lifetime Memberships are used solely to support class activities. They do not count as gifts to Wellesley College.
- Gifts to the college are not used to support alumnae class activities.
- Under section 501 © (3) of the IRS tax code, all Wellesley classes are tax-exempt, nonprofit subordinates of the Wellesley College Alumnae Association. Therefore, all class dues and lifetime memberships are tax deductible.
- Classmates are always members of the Class of 2007 even if you don’t pay dues or become a lifetime member.
- We can provide a tax receipt upon request.
- If you choose to pay in installments and your situation changes, please contact the class treasurer to work something out.
- Reunion will happen with or without money in our in our account. The smaller our class treasury, the larger the percentage of the cost of reunion will fall on attendees personally. The more money we have in our treasury, the more our class can afford higher-quality goods and our classmates attending reunion won’t need to pay individually for those perks.
- For 10 year Reunions, past classes have raised around $8,000-$10,000
- For the most part, Mini-Reunions are funded individually by classmates meeting up. But we don’t want the cost of a Class of 2007 event to deter or prevent our classmates from getting together. As our treasury grows, we can evaluate mini-reunion requests from individuals and potentially provide partial reimbursements or subsidies on a case-by-case basis.
- If you have any questions about the information in this letter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellesley Class of 2007 Executive Board